Thursday 24 September 2015

The Shandon Spa Experience

     The Shandon Experience
There I am above, acting all mysterious overlooking the Donegal fields 😂

The Shandon spa reopened its doors August last and I for one couldn't be happier! I Was lucky enough to spend this afternoon at the Shandon Spa with Ruairí. At first glance, the location and treatments are amazing at super inexpensive prices and located at the beautiful marble hill beach, a mere 35 minute drive from Letterkenny!
I'm a water baby, I love the beach and being anywhere close to the beach, the Shandon is the perfect chill out location!


After a lovely big smiley greeting and consultation, we were shown to our changing rooms where we changed into our fluffy robes ahead of jumping into the elevator and arriving on the treatment floor. We both decided to go for full body massages, today was a relaxation day, no heavy sports massages, just remedial sheer bliss.

I could literally feel my cellulite being slapped out of my system as soon as the massage began, haha what a feeling! ;)
The Spa uses Thalgo products, an exclusive range of skin care and body products, all seaweed based. 
I usually find it hard to "switch off" but not today, the massage was exactly what I needed.
My skin was silky smooth and my tired body rejuvenated in less than an hour! 

THE THERMAL SUITE

After our treatments, we lay in the relaxation room for a while before bouncing back into the elevator and going straight down to the thermal suite, the part I was most looking forward to. 
The Outdoor Canadian hot tub, vitality area, sauna, hydrotherapy pool and relaxing heated loungers all have amazing views of the beach area. 

The sauna was the perfect temperature, not as hot as many I've been in but just nice, with added healing aromatherapy. 
  •  
  • We waited for a few minutes until the outdoor tub was free and jumped into it, I was a bit curious as to how it would feel since it was cold and a little windy outside but trust me, once you have your bum sitting down, the outdoor air can't touch ya!
  • This tub was soooo cosy and relaxing with amazing views of the waves crashing against the rocks in the distance.


  • Cold outside but warm inside here ;)



I then had the vitality hydro pool all to myself (below) I'm not a massive swimmer so this was nice just to float around for a while :)



3 hours later and we were getting hungry... once it's food time, nothing can stop us ;)
We went for showers and drove to the beach where we ate our wee lunchbox meals. 
(Turkey salads and extra berries for me, super exciting ;) ) 

Imagine my excitement when I noticed this wee coffee shop, the shack! How have I never seen this before?!


I asked for an Americano and Ruairí had a green tea which we took along for a wee stroll on the beach! 




The perfect ending to the day. 
We then had to go grocery shopping - not so perfect ;)
It's so important to take time out for your body AND mind. When I feel myself little anxious or stressed to a newer level, I prioritise my health and book time OUT. 
A quick 35 minute drive from Letterkenny to get away from it all is the perfect retreat. If you haven't tried the Shandon yet, please do!

Mention "Lisa Dee" when booking, for an additional discount!
Treatment menu is below, the Shandon also have a Facebook page 







5 comments:

  1. One of the best ways to spend time with someone you love while rejuvenating the body is to go to a spa. Sitting in a hot tub with the water circling around you can relax the muscles in a way that no massage therapist can reach. A spa is also beneficial for exercising as locations have the latest equipment to use.

    Ronni Casillas @ JNH Life Styles

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great. I enjoyed your article.. That spa treatment sounds like heaven. We all love spas! But finding the best cheap spas in Manhattan becomes a question.. Thanks for sharing your experience gal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful.
    thak you for your post.
    Fitness Model at Workout Music Motivation videos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If pain or discomfort is a real concern for you, be sure to have a conversation with your esthetician before your waxing begins so that you can bring your concerns out in the open and receive some support. Wax center in Manhattan

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very educational content and written well for a change. It's nice to see that some people still understand how to write a quality post! Spa services in Manhattan

    ReplyDelete